Made from pure mulberry silk with a thickness of 22 momme, The Aesthetic Physician silk pillowcases are made of the best quality of silk available on the market today.
We work very closely with our suppliers to ensure that they meet the very stringent international Oeko-Tex Standard 100.
Traditional pillowcases are not smooth, causing damage to hair and delicate facial skin. Pure silk allows your skin to glide, whereas cotton scratches and tugs on delicate facial skin, resulting in premature stretching and sleep-crease which contributes to wrinkles.
Cotton also dries out your skin and hair. It even twists your hair at the root as you sleep, which causes bed head in the short term and can damage your hair in the long term.
Synthetic satin is a poor petroleum based substitute for real silk.
- Helps to reduce signs of friction, stretching and tugging on delicate facial skin
- Silk fibers promote the longevity hair and facial products
- Allows skin to glide along the pillow while reducing extra pressure on creased skin
- Resists pulling of hair cuticles and helps preserve style, volume and length of hair
- Recommended by dermatologists, plastic surgeons, hairdressers and beauty experts
HOW TO USE:
Just place standard or queen-size pillow into our Pure silk pillowcase. For maximum results, use for 8 hours daily.
The Aesthetic Physician silk pillowcases are of the highest quality so they are machine washable, but they are still pure silk and need as much care as we can give them. Always use a pH neutral detergent and/or fabric softener.
Silk is a natural fiber and washing in a solution that’s too acidic or alkaline can cause the silk to harden in a single wash. If you can’t find a detergent that specifies pH level, opt for one that specifies silk. If your machine doesn’t specify exact heat settings, wash on either cold or just one level above cold.
If you wish to maximize the life of your pillowcase, hand washing is the ultimate method.